Not Just Another Restoration Company
Mold Remediation in Baton Rouge. PART #3 – We not only restore homes and businesses after natural and man-made disasters, we also teach the science behind water damage restoration and mold decontamination. As certified Restoration Educators for the State of Louisiana, we provide Continuing Education courses throughout the year for the Department of Insurance (LA), Board of Contractors (LA), the Louisiana Real Estate Commission & others. Simply put: when the State of Louisiana needs a Restoration Expert, they turn to United Fire & Water.
Part #3 – MOLD REMEDIATION IN BATON ROUGE
If you read part #2 of this series you would see that we looked at different types of food and what to do with them if they had any mold on them – you can see part #1 of the series HERE and #2 of the series HERE
The question is ….So – How does moldy food relate to mold remediation in a building?????
What structural contents are like a piece of bread?
Items that are porous are like bread. These items (Carpet, Filters, Screens, Upholstered Furniture) should be disposed of in most cases.
Do you remember what we did with moldy bread? We got rid of it.
ALL OF IT!!
Exceptions may be irreplaceable items such as very expensive area rugs or paintings
What structural contents are like a piece of hard cheese?
Mold Remediation in Baton Rouge
Sheet rock is like a piece of hard cheese in that we can remove the portion of affected material and leave the unaffected areas
What structural contents are like hard salami? REMEMBER WHAT WE DID WITH HARD SALAMI THAT HAD SURFACE MOLD?
HARD GOODS AND NON POROUS ITEMS ARE LIKE HARD SALAMI. THEY CAN TYPICALLY BE CLEANED AND RESTORED TO THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION BECAUSE THEY CANNOT ABSORB WATER.
Stud walls, Countertops, Appliances, Toilets, Tubs, Desks, Picture Frames
These items are all like hard salami – they can be cleaned and restored and in most cases do not require replacement
So WHAT are the differences?? We have foods like cheese, bread, salami, etc. and we have Carpets, Sofas, Countertops, Sheetrock, Desks, Picture Frames?
There are a couple of differences right?
How about porosity?
Some of these items absorb and hold moisture! Some do not!!
What else is different?
How about a food source?
Do some of these items have organic matter?
AND WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE???
HOW ABOUT THIS ONE???
Mold needs only two things (other than suitable temperature & oxygen) to survive;
a food source… and a water source.
Without one or the other it cannot continue to grow.
SO – IF WE CAN ELIMINATE EXCESSIVE MOISTURE – WE CAN CONTROL MOLD GROWTH
Mold Remediation in Baton Rouge – PART #3
STAY TUNED FOR PART #4 OF OUR SERIES – MOLD ASSESSMENT
UNITED FIRE & WATER DAMAGE – 4117 RHODA DR – BATON ROUGE LA – 70816
WWW.UNITEDFIREANDWATER.COM – 225.755.7923
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Certified
Licensed Home Improvement Contractor (#555937, Louisiana)
Licensed Mold Remediation Contractor (#250487, Louisiana)
Xactimate Claims Estimating Certified
Clandestine Drug Lab Decontamination Certified
INDUSTRY CERTIFICATIONS & COURSE WORK
– IICRC – CARPET CLEANING (CCT) – DENVER CO, 1999
– IICRC – WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN (WTR) – DENVER CO, 2000
– IICRC – CERTIFIED MICROBIAL TECHNICIAN (CMT) – DENVER CO, 2000
– IAQ – CERTIFIED MOLD REMEDIATION TECHNICIAN (CMR) – WICHITA KS, 2001
– LA STATE BOARD OF CONTRACTORS – BUSINESS LAW EXAM – BATON ROUGE LA, 2006
– LA STATE BOARD OF CONTRACTORS – MOLD REMEDIATION EXAM – BATON ROUGE LA, 2006
– LA STATE BOARD OF CONTRACTORS – HOME IMPROVEMENT LICENSE
– LA STATE BOARD OF LOUISIANA – MOLD REMEDIATION LICENSE
– XACTIMATE – ESTIMATOR TRAINING, OREM UT, 2006
– OSHA – HAZWOPER CERTIFIED – ONLINE COURSE – 2009
– IICRC – WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN (WTR) DOTHAN AL, 2009
– IICRC – FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN (FSRT) DOTHAN AL, 2009
– IICRC – ODOR CONTROL TECHNICIAN (OCT) DOTHAN AL, 2009
– RESTORATION BUSINESS TRAINING – RAINBOW INTL, WACO TX, 2009
– METH LAB CLEAN UP CERTIFICATION, BIRMINGHAM AL, 2009
– SERVED AS CONSULTANT TO LA STATE RISK MANAGEMENT DEPT – 2011
– SERVED AS CONSULTANT TO FEMA – 2011
– XACTIMATE – LEVEL 1 CERTIFIED ESTIMATOR – ONLINE COURSE, 2011
– RESTORATION BUSINESS TRAINING – 911 RESTORATION , LOS ANGELES CA, 2012
– NORMI – CERTIFIED AIR QUALITY SAMPLING TECHNICIAN – ONLINE COURSE 2012
– XACTIMATE ADVANCED TRAINING, ATLANTA GA, 2013
– XACTIMATE – LEVEL 2 CERTIFIED ESTIMATOR – ONLINE COURSE, 2013
– LARGE LOSS CONFERENCE, TAMPA FL, 2013
– CIMR TECHNOLOGIES – CONTINUOUS INFECTIOUS MICROBIAL REDUCTION – BEAUMONT TX, 2014
At a minimum, our Project Managers and Field Technicians hold current Water Damage Restoration, Odor Control, and Fire/Smoke Restoration Certifications through the IICRC.
We serve the following cities: Baton Rouge, Prairieville, Gonzales, Geismar, Walker, Denham Springs, Central, Baker, Zachary, Port Allen, Plaquemine, Brusly, St Gabriel, St Amant, Greenwell Springs, Livingston, And more…..