Part #5 – Mold Sampling Baton Rouge
In general the EPA does not recommend sampling unless an occupant of the space is symptomatic.
When mold sampling Baton Rouge is necessary it should be performed by a trained professional who has specific experience in designing mold-sampling protocols, sampling methods, and the interpretation of findings.
Sampling should only be conducted to answer a pertinent question: examples “what is the spore concentration in the air”, ” or is a particular species of fungi present in the building.”
The additional question should be asked before sampling “what action can or should a person take upon obtaining data.”
The sampling and analysis should follow the recommendations of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA).
Three types of sampling include but are not limited to:
Air sampling: this is the most common form of sampling to asses the level of mold. Sampling of the inside and outdoor air is conducted and the results are compared. Often, air sampling will provide positive identification of the existence of non-visible mold.
Surface samples: sampling the amount of mold spores deposited on indoor surfaces (swab, tape, and dust samples)
Bulk samples: the removal of materials from the contaminated area to identify and determine the concentration of mold in the sample.
When sampling is conducted, all three types are recommended by the AIHA, as each sample method alone has specific limitations.
For example, air samples will not provide proof of a hidden source of mold. Nor would a swab sample provide the level of contamination in the air.
Air sampling following mold remediation is usually the best way to ascertain the efficiency of remediation.
UNITED FIRE & WATER DAMAGE – 4117 RHODA DR – BATON ROUGE LA – 70816
WWW.UNITEDFIREANDWATER.COM – 225.755.7923
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Certified
Licensed Home Improvement Contractor (#555937, Louisiana)
Licensed Mold Remediation Contractor (#250487, Louisiana)
Xactimate Claims Estimating Certified
Clandestine Drug Lab Decontamination Certified
INDUSTRY CERTIFICATIONS & COURSE WORK
– IICRC – CARPET CLEANING (CCT) – DENVER CO, 1999
– IICRC – WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN (WTR) – DENVER CO, 2000
– IICRC – CERTIFIED MICROBIAL TECHNICIAN (CMT) – DENVER CO, 2000
– IAQ – CERTIFIED MOLD REMEDIATION TECHNICIAN (CMR) – WICHITA KS, 2001
– LA STATE BOARD OF CONTRACTORS – BUSINESS LAW EXAM – BATON ROUGE LA, 2006
– LA STATE BOARD OF CONTRACTORS – MOLD REMEDIATION EXAM – BATON ROUGE LA, 2006
– LA STATE BOARD OF CONTRACTORS – HOME IMPROVEMENT LICENSE
– LA STATE BOARD OF LOUISIANA – MOLD REMEDIATION LICENSE
– XACTIMATE – ESTIMATOR TRAINING, OREM UT, 2006
– OSHA – HAZWOPER CERTIFIED – ONLINE COURSE – 2009
– IICRC – WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN (WTR) DOTHAN AL, 2009
– IICRC – FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION TECHNICIAN (FSRT) DOTHAN AL, 2009
– IICRC – ODOR CONTROL TECHNICIAN (OCT) DOTHAN AL, 2009
– RESTORATION BUSINESS TRAINING – RAINBOW INTL, WACO TX, 2009
– METH LAB CLEAN UP CERTIFICATION, BIRMINGHAM AL, 2009
– SERVED AS CONSULTANT TO LA STATE RISK MANAGEMENT DEPT – 2011
– SERVED AS CONSULTANT TO FEMA – 2011
– XACTIMATE – LEVEL 1 CERTIFIED ESTIMATOR – ONLINE COURSE, 2011
– RESTORATION BUSINESS TRAINING – 911 RESTORATION , LOS ANGELES CA, 2012
– NORMI – CERTIFIED AIR QUALITY SAMPLING TECHNICIAN – ONLINE COURSE 2012
– XACTIMATE ADVANCED TRAINING, ATLANTA GA, 2013
– XACTIMATE – LEVEL 2 CERTIFIED ESTIMATOR – ONLINE COURSE, 2013
– LARGE LOSS CONFERENCE, TAMPA FL, 2013
– CIMR TECHNOLOGIES – CONTINUOUS INFECTIOUS MICROBIAL REDUCTION – BEAUMONT TX, 2014
At a minimum, our Project Managers and Field Technicians hold current Water Damage Restoration, Odor Control, and Fire/Smoke Restoration Certifications through the IICRC.
We serve the following cities: Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Covington, Mandeville, Slidell, Lafayette, Prairieville, Gonzales, Geismar, Walker, Denham Springs, Central, Baker, Zachary, Port Allen, Plaquemine, Brusly, St Gabriel, St Amant, Greenwell Springs, Livingston, And more…..