Mandeville Fire Damage – Macaroni Grill
In May of 2008 The Macaroni Grill in Mandeville caught fire after a discarded cigarette butt ignited mulch in a flower bed outside of the mens restroom. The project required the demolition and complete reconstruction of the mens restroom. All surfaces and contents in the restaurant required cleaning – all walls, ceilings, fixtures, plates, bottles, silverware, booths, tables, chairs, applinaces, HVAC system – EVERYTHING in the building required cleaning due to the smoke damage and resulting odor problem.
A discarded cigarette butt ignited mulch in a flower bed outside of the mens restroom.
The project required the demolition and complete reconstruction of the mens restroom.
Airscrubbing equipment was used to help with the air quality in the restaurant.
Ozone was used overnight while the building was unoccupied.
United Fire & Water Damage crews cleaning every surface in the restaurant
All bottles, bar area surfaces, glasses being cleaned.
Novatech 2000CFM airscrubbers were used to help with IAQ
The HVAC system was particularly dirty – in part because of the fire – and also because the Macaroni Grill has a wood burning oven. The grease in the system will hold smoke odor if not removed.
HVAC system dismantled and cleaned in the parking lot.
The fire occurred on a Friday afternoon in May of 2008 – United Fire & Water Damage responded within two hours of the fire starting. With the restaurant closed – we had crews work through the weekend removing charred structure, rebuilding the mens bathroom and cleaning any remaining structure or items in the building.
The restaurant reopened for lunch the following Tuesday – a 3 day turn around.
United Fire & Water Damage of LA, LLC
4117 Rhoda Dr
Baton Rouge LA 70816