Water Damage Baton Rouge
So, you recently discovered you had some water damage. Maybe it a was a plumbing accident, or a bad storm, or even a local flood. Now what? We are Water Damage Baton Rouge EXPERTS!
First things first!
The most important thing is getting the moisturized removed before mold damage occurs.
According to Wikipedia,
“Water damage is classified into one of the following classes:
- Class 1 water damage (least amount of water, absorption and evaporation): Water losses that affect only part of a room or area, or larger areas containing materials that have absorbed minimal moisture. Little or no wet carpet and/or cushion are present.
- Class 2 water damage (large amount of water, absorption and evaporation): Water losses that affect at least an entire room or carpet and cushion(pad). Water has wicked up walls less than 24”. There is moisture remaining in structural materials (e.g., plywood, particleboard, structural wood, concrete).
- Class 3 water damage (greatest amount of water, absorption and evaporation): Water wicked up over 24″, or water may have come from overhead affecting ceilings, walls, insulation, carpet, cushion and sub-floor. The entire area are saturated.
- Class 4 water damage (specialty drying situations): These consist of wet materials with very low permeance/porosity (hardwood, plaster, brick, concrete, stone). Typically, there are deep pockets of saturation, which requires very low specific humidity.
Water, under the IICRC’s S-500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration, has been broken off into three categories. These categories are based upon the level of contamination present, or presumed present, in the source water.
- Category 1 is water from a clean or sanitary source. Previously known as clear water or clean water, this descriptor has since been removed to reduce confusion. These can include water from broken clean water supply lines; clean water from toilet tank or bowl; faucets; and bottled water. Although the source may be from a clean source, category 1 water can quickly degrade into category 2 or 3 depending upon such factors as time, temperature, and contact with contaminants.
- Category 2 is water with some level of contaminants that could cause discomfort or illness if ingested. Previously known as grey water, this descriptor has since been removed to avoid confusion. Sources for category 2 water may include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; and dishwasher overflow. Category 2 water can quickly degrade into category 3 depending upon such factors as time, temperature, and contact with contaminants.
- Category 3 water is grossly unsanitary, and could cause severe illness or death if ingested. Previously known as black water or blackwater, this descriptor has since been removed to avoid confusion. Sources for category 3 water include, but are not limited to, sewage; flooding from rivers or streams; wind-driven rain, water from beyond the toilet trap; water from the toilet bowl with feces; and standing water that has begun to support microbial growth. “
As you can see, time is of the essence…as is finding a Water Damage expert you can TRUST. United Fire and Water Damage of Louisiana, LLC is a locally owned and operated company, with over 18 years of experience in the industry. We are Licensed Mold Remediation Experts, and we are VERY familiar with working with insurance companies. Why settle for a big box chain type franchise? Call United Fire and Water Damage TODAY!
WATER DAMAGE, MOLD INSPECTION & REMEDIATION, & FIRE & SMOKE DAMAGE IN SOUTHERN LOUISIANA
United Fire & Water is the leader in water damage restoration, mold inspection and remediation, and fire and smoke damage cleanup in Southeast, Lousiana. As certified restoration educators for the state, we provide continuing education for the Department of Insurance (LA), the Board of Contractors (LA), and the Louisiana real estate commission.
WHEN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA NEEDS RESTORATION EXPERTS, THEY TURN TO UNITED FIRE & WATER.
WHY WOULD YOU TRUST YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS RESTORATION TO ANYBODY ELSE?
We serve the areas surrounding the following cities in Louisiana.
- Baton Rouge
- Denham Springs
- New Orleans
- Port Allen
CALL THE #1 RATED RESTORATION COMPANY IN LOUISIANA! – 225.755.7923
United Fire & Water are your Louisiana Restoration Experts.